Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bumble bees and Legos




After a morning of playing Legos with my littlest guy...and I use the term "playing" loosely -- it was really just me building & re-building towers for him to knock over with his Incredible Hulk action figure. But we had a lot of fun and his laughter was infectious. With four children, I sometimes find it a bit hard to have quality one-on-one time with the kids (outside of homework, chores and taxi service). I love it when I'm able to just sit and completely listen to one of them. Anyway, we started talking about Valentine's Day while we were playing, and he said that he wanted to send a Valentine's card to a friend. I thought this was a fabulous idea -- an excuse to get my hands on some paper & glue! After a lengthy discussion why he couldn't mail one of the Legos to a friend, we settled on making a Lego Man out of paper. I'd recently found a Lego Man that I could cut using my SCAL software, so this was meant to be! I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you think?

Once I put the little guy to work with some scrap paper, scissors and stamps, I played around with a cute bumble bee svg, a Cricut marker and some glittery paper (I just love glittery paper!). I punched up the flower with a foam glue dot and added some silver glitter glue to the middle of the flower for a little extra sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment