Monday, February 7, 2011

What would you name a pet snake?!?


My oldest child is the most knowledgeable person I've ever known when it comes to animal facts.  He likes to read books about animals, he watches videos on YouTube involving various animal fights, and he even does research papers on amazing animal facts...FOR FUN!!  He has been known to catch mice in the field behind our house, and it's pretty routine to look out the back door to find him sitting next to an ant mound watching them work.  The kid considers Steve Irwin and Billy the Exterminator as his heroes.  As someone who prefers to enjoy animals from a safe distance, I find his interest both amazing and a little scary.  I've tried to appreciate and respect the interest - we've, at various times, welcomed a rabbit, cat, turtle, rat and dog into our home.  However, I had to draw the line at his latest request - a snake.  Although the letter he wrote me was full of well thought-out reasons and promises:  "...I will clean its cage...I will give it plenty of water and sunshine, I will give it a good habitat and bury its lost fangs....I'll play and hold and give it baths...", the thought of a snake in my house is an idea I just can't climb aboard.  His letter, though, is something I hope to never forget.  So, I scrapped a quick page this morning and had a lot of fun doing it.  I doubt he will be as impressed with the "pet snake" as I am, but it's as close as this gal is getting to one!

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! Jack and Jordan still will make a great pair, since she too is asking for a snake! Love the scrap page!

    ReplyDelete